The Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) is responsible for the administration and operation of the City’s two defined contribution retirement plans:
- The RSP 401(a), which is has Hybrid and Non-Hybrid options, and is the mandatory retirement plan for most civilian employees newly hired or rehired on or after July 1, 2014.
- The 457(b) City of Baltimore Deferred Compensation Plan (DCP), which is the City’s voluntary retirement plan. This plan is open to EVERYONE!
We work towards the City’s goal of having the most retirement ready workforce of any municipality in the United States and enabling all City employees to retire with dignity.
The RSP strives towards and promotes the following:
- Educating employees on all the retirement options the City makes available in order to build retirement savings through participation.
- Making employees aware of the four pillars of retirement readiness and the resources employees have at their disposal to become retirement ready.
- The importance of saving now for retirement.